Extraction - Structrual Drying - Remediation
Call Us - 24 Hour Emergency Service
Water Damage can cause serious damage to home or assets. Swift action is needed to remediate the water or progressive damage will occur. Call or Text Us 24-7 @ 770-787-9999 or Use our Online Form Below to have us to immediately address your flood or leak. We will remove water from your home and most of our Services are included in your insurance policy. We can extract the water and stop the damage the water can cause. We will also direct bill your homeowners Insurance and start your claim or can bill you if you prefer. Call today with any questions.
What Should I Do if I Have a Water Leak?
1) Identify and Stop the Source. For leaking pipes try to locate the shut off valve of the property.
2) Call Christian, Inc. at 770-787-9999 (24/7) to have water extracted and start the drying process.
3) If possible, locate and shut off power to flooded area to avoid electrical shock.
4) If possible, locate and remove valuables, pictures, important documents, and electronics that are in the waters path.
5) For health reasons Christian, Inc. will identify water category. Water damage is typically classified into one of the following three categories: Category 1 Water- Refers to a source of water that does not pose substantial threat to humans and classified as "Clean Water". Examples are broken water supply lines, tub or sink overflows or appliance malfunctions that involves water supply lines. Category 2 Water- Refers to a source of water that contains a significant degree of chemical, biological or physical contaminants and causes discomfort or sickness when exposed or even consumed. Known as "Grey Water". This type carries micro organisms and nutrients of micro organisms. Examples are toilet bowls with urine (no feces), sump pumps failures, seepage due to hydrostatic failure and water discharge from dishwashers or washing machines. Category 3 Water- Known as "Black Water" and are grossly unsanitary. This water contains unsanitary agents, harmful bacteria and fungi, causing severe discomfort or sickness. Type 3 category are contaminated water sources that affects the indoor environment. This category includes water sources from sewage , seawater, rising water from rivers or streams, ground surface water or standing water. Category 2 Water or Grey Water that is not promptly removed from the structure and or have remained stagnant for 48-72 hours may be re classified as Category 3 Water. Toilet back flows that originates from beyond the toilet trap is considered black water contamination regardless of visible content or color.
6) Once standing water is removed Christian, Inc. will design a restoration plan to bring your structure to a "pre-loss condition" using EPA guidelines. We direct bill your insurance company so finances are "one less thing" you have to worry about during this time. Call, Text, or Email Us at (770)787-9999 to learn how we can be of service. We treat our customers like family, we are experts when it comes to cleaning, restoration, and environmental services. Our reputation for professionalism and excellence is something you can absolutely rely on.
Can You Dry My Home?
Yes, Wet or Damp Structures can causes Serious Financial and Health Issues. Christian Inc. of Loganville Ga. uses a special drying method call Applied Structural Drying, which enables us to dry wet carpets, padding, sheet rock, subfloors and structures with little or no demolition to your home.
The Applied Structural Drying method uses more equipment to dry a structure faster while reducing the costs, time, and inconvenience related to replacements and repairs, reduces the risk of mold growth , and provides documentation and data that measures drying progress and confirms job completion.
The Environmental Protection Agency has developed standards and a classification system for the restoration industry which classifies water damage by the cleanliness of the water and by the size of and scope of a particular disaster. They also developed a certification system that trains technicians in this system and the techniques to use. All of Dry Star’s technicians are certified with the EPA in Applied Structural Drying.
Applied Structural Drying takes the guess work out of water damage restoration. It is based on science, and mathematical formulas are used to determine exactly the type and kind of equipment needed for the job.
One of the most important aspects of ASD is daily monitoring and documentation. This system allows Christian, Inc. of Loganville, Ga. to: Know what is wet, How wet is it (relative humidity, moisture content, etc) How well it is drying (measuring and adjusting for optimal effectiveness)
When it is dry (calibrated meters do not guess)
Meters measure humidity and moisture content to quantify wetness–no more guessing!
Documentation, which includes moisture maps and moisture logs, allows Christian, Inc. technicians to adjust, add, or remove equipment during the days drying occurs. This assures that the structure is drying correctly and that unnecessary equipment is removed . Problems are addressed and corrected immediately.